For once, I think it is necessary to at least discuss the basilisk...

• Basi doesn't need a nerf.

Well, turns out you are. For instance, cleanharry
    Any good player (such as myself :realshit:)

So theres Harry, you, jethunter-alterego, and maybe 2-3 others. Compared to around 100 players we have, the impact basi makes on a larger game is not much.

• Goon - check
    Basi - check
    🙂

• Council

@grmg it's a "support" class currently -- it's not totally necessary, but makes the game much more comfortable for aliens.

"Not totally necessary" because pushing with the nerfed rant implies they have a booster nearby, or a basilisk.

If you want the basilisk to have a visible impact on a game whenever it's played, then it should be buffed and given base-rushing abilities.

• Yeah about giving aliens more rushing capabilities, how about we move AdvGoon to AS2.

In fact why don't we just save some time and go straight for NE on 1.2. 🙂

• Council

@grmg said in For once, I think it is necessary to at least discuss the basilisk...:

In fact why don't we just save some time and go straight for NE on 1.2. 🙂

Because we don't want to lose 90% of the playerbase again.

• Council

@grmg said in For once, I think it is necessary to at least discuss the basilisk...:

That's used like once per day or a week, especially considering boost can be rebuilt after SD.

WRONG - It's a passive effect so it's usefulness goes unnoticed by plebians. Fk have utilised this heal even in scrims.

Unless they want to killwhore in basi like Cleanharry or few others.

We are having some translation issues because of your new edge background. What is your definition of Killwhoring? On 1.1 killwhoring is racking up a large amount of kills quickly while playing very risk free and prolonging the game. You have some contradictions with this definition, you previously said basilisks were a detriment to your team but now you claim they are a primary source of killwhoring, which is it? This is a PVP game after all, getting kills is kind of the primary objective, 😕.

Almost nobody does that. Rushes are rarely coordinated an preplanned, most of them are an effect of snowballing where one dude starts and others join.

On this server we have evo overflow, because a good basilisk player is almost guaranteed to overflow because they leave almost no deficit when evolving they will naturally provide their team with rants for rushing.

No, I'm not.

We are talking about basilisks individual impact on the game not the impact all basilisk players have on the game. There is an important difference. Nobody uses flamers but if we made it do 5000 damage it wouldn't be balanced now would it?

@enneract

Whether Basilisk needs a nerf or not aside, how would we even nerf it in the first place?

Definitely would need a basilisk mains input. Personally I don't think they are OP, they should be left as is.

IF we were to nerf the current version I would suggest a small speed reduction OR a small increase to the hitbox size.

@Theriaca

Literal holocaust if you enable it for grabs, check out my troll diagram above if you want to know why.

I agree and understand, regardless it is unfortunate.

• Council

@Ckit said in For once, I think it is necessary to at least discuss the basilisk...:

Definitely would need a basilisk mains input. Personally I don't think they are OP, they should be left as is.

They're not OP, this claim stems mostly from people not knowing that you can dodge in other ways than by pressing S, and from the basilisk's wanky BBox (mostly because people suck at aiming in the first place, but we can still agree it's a bit odd, because it's really on its thin body and you get mindgamed by the legs).

• Council

@Theriaca said in For once, I think it is necessary to at least discuss the basilisk...:

and from the basilisk's wanky BBox (mostly because people suck at aiming in the first place, but we can still agree it's a bit odd, because it's really on its thin body and you get mindgamed by the legs).

YUP, It's one of the main reasons I mentioned the hitbox change. Sometimes it feels like I've done 80 damage to a basi and it turns out to be half that. Especially vs good basi players who manuever extremely well. Their increased personal healing only makes estimating their HP even more difficult.

• @Ckit said in For once, I think it is necessary to at least discuss the basilisk...:

killwhoring

PvP while ignoring the base/strategy of Trem.

• Council

@grmg

PvP while ignoring the base/strategy of Trem.

Unless you're scrimming, no need to try hard to win the game. Killing is more fun 😛

• Baslick 🙂